Five Days R Kickstart training
Vorstlaan 23 Brussels, 1170 Belgium
This training aims at providing strong bases for any data scientist who wants to enter the R world but has no or not enough experience with this language.
Within 5 days and a lots of hands-on, a detailed overview is provided starting from importing data to analyze and prepare a report.
Program will be adapted depending on progression during training. Content that will be adressed:
- RStudio interfacce
- Basic commands
- R objects: vector, matrix, factor, list, dataframe
- Basic functions
- Summarizing data
- Package: install, load and use
- Import/export data
- Create graphics (focus on ggplot)
- Programmation (basic, including S3 classes)
- Statistics: regression, analysis of variance and hypothesis tests, special topics
- Markdown litterate programming
- Pointers towards additional ressources
- Case on linear model
- Case on logistic regression
- Case on Mixed Model
- Implementation of a target profiling routine (Word report generation)
- One-day real case study (marketing or industry related)
- no prior knowledge of a programming language is required.
- this is not a training in statistics and we focus on the R functions to perform such analyses. Training can be followed by people without any statistical experience but some parts may be more difficult to follow.
- student must come with a laptop on which R + RStudio can be installed (if you don’t have such laptop, please tell us, we will find a solution)
About the trainer
Eric Lecoutre is a data scientist with more than 15 years of experience in R. In fact, 15 years ago, he was teaching R at university (UCL). He contributed to some packages, created R2HTML years ago and is contributes on StackOverflow for R topics. He can’t count anymore the number of Gigabytes he manipulated in R as well as the number of graphics he created.
- 1.750 euros / participant
- Early registration (before 24/02/2017): 1.500 euros
- More than one participant for same company: contact us for discounts
- Student or unemployed: 1.000 euros